(Functional Area 5)
Service to provide full life cycle of a software system development. Process definition; requirements management (project planning, quality assurance, project tracking and oversight, organizational process focus); software metrics; software process assessments; software capability evaluations; software project management; software certification; software validation and verification; open systems; software architecture; software reengineering; software reuse; component based software; software security; supervising software configuration management; and CASE tools.
Examples of Potential Services:
- Provide ongoing system, applications maintenance and troubleshooting;
- Analyze and document complex system requirements;
- Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manage their implementation;
- Interpret software requirements, design specifications to code, manage software development and support (using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques and tools), integrate and test software components;
- Estimate software development costs and schedules;
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, performance improvements, and improving current techniques; and
- Estimate and track software quality attributes.
The examples of services listed in this section are not all inclusive of the services available under the Master Contract.